Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Ghost












originally published September 3,2012


I don't even know you but I feel like I should.
I've heard all about your sorted past.
How you shattered every heart that you could
and finally walked away at last.

I wish I could have been there.
I'm an outsider looking in.
I honestly believe you never cared
about what might have been.

You're either a devil or a saint.
or is it possible to be both?
You evoke both love and hate
in the hearts you hold.

Do you even understand how they feel,
the void you left behind?
I wish you could see their pain is real,
look into their eyes through mine.

Spellbound by your charm and beauty
by memories that barely exist.
Ignoring your absent reality
am I the only one that sees this?

You fain ignorance of their emptiness
and have the convenience of being gone
I wish you would own up to this
and see what your recklessness has done

It's as if they're waiting for a change
for you to make amends.
They can't break the chains
until your life ends.

Why do they even think I care
when your young life began?
I never shared
in your time with them

I've heard three times today,
from the three who mean the most
that it's your special day.
Happy birthday to the ghost.

No comments:

Post a Comment